November Painting Competition entry

The Sheffield irregulars an awesome hobby group, has a monthly painting competition. the rules of the competition state that the model has to be painted start to finish in the month of the competition. This month's theme is Red. I decided that I am going to enter the champion of my cat riding seeker unit as she is the red one out of my rainbow. So I had to take some better pictures of her. So here they are.

 and her with her unit. see the rainbow.... pictures of the rest of the unit can be seen here

The Main Hall

I want a big modular castle. This is going to be the main hall.
I already have some tall walls and some wall rubble pieces, next would be some watch towers and maybe a moat and drawbridge with gate house. The wall bits used to make this three part hall were from the Pegasus Gothic city building and the Gothic city ruins kits. Then I used some wooden stir sticks and side walk plastic card for the flooring and purple Styrofoam for the base. this was daunting to paint, so much surface area. Good thing modular pieces are done a bit at a time.

With the new release of the battle missions book of course comes the need for mission specific terrain. The daemons mission calls for a warp gate. Well here is mine. I wanted it to be an arch way that the daemons can walk through. I decided to make the purple tile so it had a "red carpet" effect.


Cat girls

I know it as been a very long time since my last post. The lack of internet at home has been partly to blame. But mostly, for a while I wasn't working on anything for table top war gaming as my other hobbies took over. I have a lot of other projects on the go so trying to find a balance between all of them is still something I am looking for, and of course summer comes and everything gets put aside for fun and friends and parties. But now that fall is here the hobbies are back on my plate and I am once again being creatively productive. I started this unit quite a while ago (See the beginning here) then put it aside as the conversion was turning out to be a bit beyond my skills at the time, I was really struggling with them and getting frustrated. But the idea was a really good one and I had already bought the parts to make it happen. So admitting partial defeat I set them aside and forgot about them for a while. Then the new plastic seekers came out and I got inspiration like a light bulb just turned on. I picked up the seekers and pulled out the cat girls again. these were primed the morning after Halloween. I did not take pictures of the finished assembly, sorry. But now they are finished being painted so here are final pictures. And a finished hill. I realise now looking at the pictures, that in my rush to get them photographed and posted, I forgot about grass. So in the morning I will glue grass onto them and then they will be truly finished.